Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wise Words

A good and wise friend of mine told me last night "dude, you have to trust that God will not let anything happen to your family while you are doing Kingdom work.  It's just not going to happen!"  That is a great reminder and affirmation of what I am about to undertake.

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm sure your friend meant to be encouraging, he wasn't very truthful. God has never promised his followers that nothing ( and I assume he meant "bad things") will happen to them if they are doing His work. Just take a look at the lives of Paul, Silas, and so many Christian workers through the ages. But God does promise to be with us and strengthen us for the ministries He calls us to. Blessings on your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - I understand your point. I don't think God gives us blanket assurance that all will be as we wish it to be and without trouble and heartache even when we are doing His Kingdom work. However (and I think this was my friend's point), I don't think we should underestimate the protection that God does provide when we ask Him. I also know that God can speak through those around us - and feel like my friends words were exactly what I needed to hear at exactly that time.

    ReplyDelete